Meet your new commute
METRO STAR Vanpool is here to help you say "goodbye" to the stress of driving to work every day.
- Metro Star is a vanpool program designed to save you money, time, and reduce stress on your daily commute.
- A vanpool is just like a carpool but in a van. It consists of 5 – 15 people who share similar schedules, and who live and work in the same areas.
- Metro STAR services an 8 county region including Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery, and Waller counties.
- Our team has all the resources to help you start your own vanpool, or join an existing one. New routes are constantly forming.
- When you join a vanpool, you don’t have to drive every day. You can catch up on work, scroll through your social media feeds, or even take a nap on the days you don’t drive.
- Vanpools can reduce your travel time by skipping the main lane traffic, and using Houston’s extensive network of HOV/HOT lanes.
- Metro STAR offers an Emergency Ride Home program in case you have an unforeseen emergency, and have to leave work early or stay late.
- By sharing a ride to work, you’re contributing to the reduction of carbon emissions, traffic congestion, and improved air quality.
- Ask your employer if they offer additional benefits.